Thursday, July 18, 2019

Blank Verse

I loved the idea once
Of loving you
You led me to believe 
We could have been something
That forever 
No one could take away

But you are empty
Despite your fullness
I can not do it
I need something more

With all your substance you have nothing to offer
Despite your being appealing you left me just empty 
A lyric without rhyme you’re a poetic blank verse 

Don’t mistake what I say
There is nothing
I regret about you
Is it wrong to proclaim
Your shortcomings
As vaguely as I can?

You can’t fulfill me
Nor could I please you
As I’m not just a
Missing puzzle piece

With all your substance you have nothing to offer
Despite your being appealing you left me just empty 
A lyric without rhyme you’re a poetic blank verse 

Just lyrics without rhyme
A blank verse in my life

No comments:

Post a Comment