Saturday, September 26, 2026

A Passage for Love, not Lovers

At some point enough is enough 
I refuse to keep fighting for something 
When all I'm doing is defending my name 
As you invent New Lies against it 

That's nothing I strive for 

What were left holding on to 
Is something neither of us want 
We're just two lonely hearts
Craving a place that makes us whole 

There's nothing I want more 

We found each other on the way 
Surely we'd be heading to the same place 
At least going in the same direction but 
It's a journey for Love Not lovers 

That's something we messed up 

If you're lacking completion 
It's something that you can't provide 
You just make it hurt more 
Ripping away at nothing there 

That's something I know now 

I'm sorry it had to be you 
I do love you I see me in your heart 
And I know we both deserve things that we lack 
It hurts knowing that I made you worse off 

It's something I would change 

It's time to stop extending 
A dead end has to have an end 
Even if it's painful 
Hurt has to come before healing 

That's a fact I won't fight

No comments:

Post a Comment