Thursday, January 10, 2013

"Labor of Love"



Why is it that when I’m in a joyful place
I have no creativity to express myself with words
But when I’m angry or mad or otherwise hard-pressed
Poetic lyricism bleeds from my fingertips like the rain

I’m itching to be expressive
To create a fitting collection of words
But if I have to be miserable to be expressive
I’d rather never create again
This is truly an effort
A labor of love that only starts what you so deserve

I never thought this feeling would now be mine
I had resigned myself to give up on a love that’s like this
You keep unlocking things inside of me that are new
Like conceiving creativity out of this affection

So I want to give you something
To express exactly how you make me feel
You have all of my senses tingling with anticipation
Waiting for what thrill is still to come
This is truly a blessing
This labor of love can not quite express how meaningful

I hope you can feel my emotion
I nearly can not express
My labor of love is my proclamation of your love

No comments:

Post a Comment