Thursday, May 30, 2013

"Why Keep On"

I’ve been giving you your space
Hoping you would say what’s on your chest
You’ve come close a time or two
But I feel you’re coming up short
I keep having premonitions
Visions of what you’ve locked inside
But I’m not sure what’s real anymore
Including the relationship I’m lead to believe in

I’m over being used
Taken for everything I have
And when the fun is gone
My heart is disregarded

Why keep on
When my heart will break

So is this my own damn fault
Thinking you could be exclusive
When that’s something out of reach
You can’t keep your hands to yourself
What goodness you have inside you
Fooled me into seeing much more
My heart wants to keep trusting in you
But my head tells me that I’m a fool and I know the truth

I’m over being used
Being made to look like a fool
Like I’m the last to know
When I knew it all along

Why keep on
When my heart will break

So if we say goodbye
To a whirlwind romance
Never fully consummated
You said that level of intimacy was precious and sacred
I guess you thought I wasn’t good enough

Why keep on
When my heart will break

No comments:

Post a Comment