"Tender Hearts"



These little weekend rendezvous are driving me nuts
I can’t help thinking a little more time with you is a must
For someone who likes it fast going slow is torture
I keep telling myself this way will make it more pure

I want to heal you, resurrect you
Let me in to liberate you
I want to feel you, and complete you
If there is any way I can

I’m wise enough to see behind your front
Even though you pull off a pretty good stunt
Your tender heart is bruised but beating
I don’t know if you know just where I stand
I’m the only one to know my truth first hand
My tender heart is bruised but beating

Trust……. I understand why
I remember similar thoughts that come whenever I cry
The only thing that I don’t understand here is how
Anyone could ever be with you and on the prow

I want to know you, and receive you
I will hold back not to rush you
I’m waiting to hear, wipe off a tear
Here I stand ready and waiting

I’m wise enough to see behind your front
Even though you pull off a pretty good stunt
Your tender heart is bruised but beating
I don’t know if you know just where I stand
I’m the only one to know my truth first hand
My tender heart is bruised but beating

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time to Come Undone

STRIKE FIRST

An Incomplete Collection