Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Time to Come Undone


It's been a few days since we've spoken
So it's been a few days since we've fought
And now you're reaching out to me
Wanting to come and see me
I don't know if you should
I have to say I really miss you
Your absence leaves me feeling incomplete
But the peace and calm these past few days
Make recent choices worth this loneliness

Every second chance was just another battle
Loving you never was logical
But the comfort of this reprieve
Makes these changes obvious

It's time to come undone

If I'm supposed to be better off
Then why am I resisting the change
Every ignored call takes effort
To seem like I just don't care
I know that just isn't fair
But what's fair has never been the point
It doesn't matter now.
You had your chance,
To put the effort in to fix us
I told you then but if you forgot it...

I won't, can't, I refuse to do this anymore
Loving you wasn't logical
And neither was staying so long
This peace just validates that

It's time to come undone

If I were to grant your final wish
Hear you out, see you off, a last hug goodbye
Would just prolong our entanglement
It's sad our first and best health choice is walking away
So can't you just agree

We've got to come undone
(We have been in other ways)
To survive come undone
(Don't trip up now)
It's time (don't cry)
It's time (goodbye)
It's time to come undone


No comments:

Post a Comment