Father

You have provided life
But you left damage
In your wake
I’d never have a child of my own. 

Father
A little more further 
To love me
But it’s too late
Father
You never could muster 
To see me
But it’s too late. 

I shouldn’t be here
I’m a great hilarity
Mother should have left
The first time you went crazy
But she stayed she did
As she gave you a son before me

Damn the simple facts 
It still goes so much deeper

You have provided life
But you left damage
In your wake
I’d never have a child of my own. 

Father
A little more further 
To love me
But it’s too late
Father
You never could muster 
To see me
But it’s too late. 

To start over now 
It’s a classic tragedy. 
I’m still alive but
You’ve been dead for many years
So I can’t tell you
How important your second son is 

Fuck what is right
I won’t be made feel cheaper

Yes you did conceive me
But you left me famished
In this state 
Your eternity won’t see an heir. 

Father
A little more further 
To love me
But it’s too late
Father
You never could muster 
To see me
But it’s too late. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time to Come Undone

STRIKE FIRST

An Incomplete Collection