Tuesday, April 11, 2023

When It’s Done

When It’s Done

Moribund Devotion III


I’ve all but written it on the wall

But you still don’t seem to understand

I don’t know what else can make you see 

Just how I feel for you 


But it doesn’t matter because just as fast as I fell for you, I’m already falling out 


When it’s done, I won’t care about your day 

When it’s done your hopes and dreams won’t matter 

When it’s done, your thought will bring me no joy 

When it’s done, there will be no going back 


Maybe it’s good you’re missing it 

This could be a show of idiocy

And I’ve got more value than you’re worth 

or I’m better without 


I don’t know why I waste my time; this will be the last words I write of these feelings about you 


When it’s done no more crying in the rain 

When it’s done, I won’t remember the pain 

When it’s done you won’t fill a daily thought

When it’s done you want exist in my space


You read me my horoscope telling me how fast I fall in love, and how quickly it fades away. Did you know when you were saying those words you’d see them through start to end?


When it’s done I will still be okay and

When it’s done you just won’t matter to me

When it’s done it will be more wasted time 

And I’ve wasted time on better and worse 


But is it fair to begin the end of everything that we are, at least to me, when you don’t know just how I feel if I don’t say those raw three words; I love you 

No comments:

Post a Comment