Friday, July 24, 2026

Wrong For Once

 


I'm sitting here by myself

It's too late to go out

I hate being alone

Because that's when everything that's wrong illuminates 


Now I'm forced to look at myself 

Overdue mirror work

And wonder what to do 

Now I've set myself free 


We werent meant to be, probably 

My friends all agree, but why

Can't I be wrong for once 

So I can act on this desire 

To run find you

And take you back


I thought I was lonely then

When youd stay out all night

Or after a fight

But at least then I knew that we'd always reunite


I made the choice to shut you out

You still try I deny

Another go at it

Why now am I so sure?


We werent meant to be, possibly 

My friends all agree, really

Can't I be wrong for once

So I can act on this desire

To run find you

Still wanting me


I'm still sitting up late alone 

I don't want to think of replacing you

It feels like cheating 

Why do you still hold my heart so tight

When I know in reality 

You never could hold it well


We werent meant to be, I claim

My friends all agree, don't they?

Can't I be wrong for once

So I can act on th

is desire

To run find that

I wasn't wrong 





No comments:

Post a Comment