Tuesday, August 11, 2026

Anywhere But Home (082026 Revision)

"Please wear my jacket” I ask you in the rain

I have no clue about you apart from here and now

You're a risk, unaware, inspiring abandon that a

Helmet won’t save me from my thoughts

Already working with your pull

Ripping me from all I know


You can take me away so that we can

R r r ride into the dawn

No matter where, when I'm with you

I don’t fear this feeling growing just

R r r ride with my heart

Into the unknown without a care


Tell me where exactly are you from?

Is the open road what you call home?

I’d like a life like that for my own…

Please take me anywhere but home!


Baby I can let go of what I know

Live a full life before it’s gone

Experience it all but not alone

Please just take me anywhere but home


We’re leaving the city

But I'm not concerned with

Failed romances, a dead end job

Gloomy weather, no direction

Even without bad memories

It’s time to go

Who knew an enigma like you could lead the way


Let’s only pack just the necessities and

R r r ride out of this town

And throw restraint and fear to the wind

I don’t even want to know I will just

R r r ride to something new

With you by my side nothing matters


Baby I can let go of what I know

Live a life full before it’s gone

Experience it all but not alone

Please take me anywhere but home


Take me anywhere

Please take me anywhere

Gotta take me anywhere

Take me anywhere but home.


I'm assured I don't need all my maps and reference books

I’ll ride fearlessly towards the future with you


Baby I can let go of what I know

Live a life full before it’s gone

Experience it all but not alone

Please just take me anywhere but home


Take me anywhere

Please take me

 anywhere

Gotta take me anywhere

Take me anywhere but home

No comments:

Post a Comment