A Moment of Clarity

I see the truth
For what it is
I wasn’t good enough yet I still am

You lied on everything 
A perfect husband
A good lover
You never lived up 
To any of those promises. 

These moments of truth we said
Foolish dreams that I chased too long for you 
The truth and the lies
It’s neither here or there 
Now I’m aware of it  

A moment of clarity
Even if it doesn’t make sense right now. 
The truth and the lies
Behind your fantasy
I’m finally awake. 

I know the truth
And here it is
No one is ever good enough still I

Try and try and try
Notice me see me realize
I’m good enough

I refuse to believe it now
The old lies that held my self esteem down 
For better or worse
You words do not matter
Now that I know they’re fake 

A moment of clarity
Even if it doesn’t make sense right now. 
The truth and the lies
Behind your fantasy
I’m finally awake. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time to Come Undone

STRIKE FIRST

An Incomplete Collection