In The New Year

 In the New Year


I’ve spent the 21st century

Being bitter

The victim 

Even if it’s all my fault 


I’m trying now

To right my wrongs 

Things I shouldn’t care

About but here I am


Drowning in the misery

I just want to break

The tide and breathe

And be free

 

In the new year 

I let it go

Everything

The negativity 

And be me


I was jaded so long I can’t tell

Was I right then

And abused 

No one here deserves this bliss


I’m crying why 

Love’s done me wrong 

Yet here I am fair 

And strong I’m just for you. 


Living with the fairytales

All I want is life 

Just let me be

To be seen


In the new year 

I let it go

Everything

The negativity 

And be me


Twenty twenty something 

Who what and then when

Are we, baby

Right then right now that song

Is a memory

Really, baby 


In the new year 

I let it go

Everything

The negativity 

And be me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time to Come Undone

STRIKE FIRST

An Incomplete Collection