Monday, October 8, 2018

I Rise...

A twist of fate
A change of heart
Finds me here now
I’m conflicted. 
A past mistake
And a new start
Finds me here now
I’m rejected 

We’re all just trying to figure it out
And how the universe places us
A bunch of pawns at the mercy
Of a guarded royalty

Yet I keep my head up
My sights set high
I won’t allow myself
To be at the bottom

I rise...
Higher...
I rise!

Where is the lie
It’s the truth that
Finds you here now
Just honestly
Don’t be so sly
Say what you lack
Finds you here now
It’s good for me 

It’s good to see what it’s all about 
Don’t let your past make you any less
Despite the flaws I can still see 
Potential in you and me

I refuse to give up
My hopes are high
All I have is myself
I’ll rise from the bottom 

I rise...
Higher...
I rise!

Don’t give up now
Know that the past
Finds us here now
And that’s okay




No comments:

Post a Comment