Drown Out
Death, breath, death
The world comes at you fast
With no time to react
But I’m trying
With all my might
To keep my head above water
I’m trying to be a hero
But I’m sinking
Into the darkness
The silent emptiness
I sip and try and breathe
My drinks almost done
The liquor store closed
And the bar is too
How am I suppose to drown out everything I’m feeling.
The flood is long gone
That ending is deposed
So what can I do
How am I suppose to drown out everything I’m feeling.
Pain, scream, pain
Yes nothing ever lasts
More of life’s painful facts
Where is the lie
Not in my sight
Can I try to tread this falter
I’m trying to move past zero
But I can’t add
Anything to this
Every try is a miss
I gasp and cry for me
My drinks almost done
The liquor store closed
And the bar is too
How am I suppose to drown out everything I’m feeling.
The flood is long gone
That ending is deposed
So what can I do
How am I suppose to drown out everything I’m feeling.
More and more and more
Until it’s all blurry and I don’t remember
Anything and that’s okay
Let me be numb rather than feel this pain
My drinks almost done
The liquor store closed
And the bar is too
How am I suppose to drown out everything I’m feeling.
The flood is long gone
That ending is deposed
So what can I do
How am I suppose to drown out everything I’m feeling.
Comments
Post a Comment