Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Summerland

 Let me try to tell you about a place

It doesn’t exist but it does

A place of jaded memories 

Summerland. 


Blissful summers

And some merry Christmases 

Full of lies 

A town of many names

Nothing ever stuck

Maybe because it is all bullshit 


I was an outsider looking in on the town limits 

I saw the lies told between childhood friends 

And I saw the ignorance in government. 

If I didn’t ever live there I would waste my time to say it’s a sham


Not that anyone cares

They are all tone deaf

And left for dead. 


Scattered and disfractured  in this 

Illusion of everything now

That’s real or a lie that we tell

Summerland


Tales of lies we

Told each other to believe. 

Yet we did

In the dark on their word 

Depending on some luck. 

Sometimes none of this makes any sense 


I was a native living the lie on my life to thrive 

But no one ever knew me nor do they 

No comments:

Post a Comment