Monday, November 22, 2021

Shell

 Shell


I’m weak

Hiding myself 

I must protect

Everything I can save


But don’t mistake my sensitivity for weakness as I’m stronger than you know.

I’m here fighting my demons and the spitfire you try and throw at me 

You don’t know how much I’ve endured to stand here today with you 

To stare you eye to eye in the face is a journey i made on my own without anyone 


And here 

Feeling vulnerable 

I set up a shell 

To protect me self. 


The pain

Being open 

I am aware 

Of the truth and the lies 


So what about the pain I feel from the past it really doesn’t matter anymore 

I’m developing a thicker skin than I had years ago so what do you have to say 

You can play the victim or come out and be the asshole that almost ruined me 

And if you did I’d give you a warming embrace to say that I forgive 


That now

I’ve let my pain go 

I set up a shell 

To protect myself. 


I’m done with being the villain 

I’m just trying to heal my end

I don’t know what that means for you 

And for once I don’t care because it’s only for me nothing else makes sense

I’m going to live my life without the weight of that painful loss of innocence. 


Let’s say 

I’m better than then

That now 

I’ve let my pain go

And here

Feeling vulnerable 

I set up a shell

To protect myself. 


No comments:

Post a Comment